- Course Outline
- What you get
- Career Profile
- Student Log In
Start a Hospitality Career that Takes You Places!
Not Accepting Current Enrollments for this Course
The hospitality industry employs millions of people – meaning opportunity for you! A career in hotel and restaurant management enables you to use your business and interpersonal skills to oversee hotels and restaurants worldwide.
Imagine working in a top-tier restaurant, luxurious resort or on an exciting cruise ship – these are just a few of the opportunities available to you as a hotel or restaurant professional. Your knowledge of the hospitality industry, operations and business procedures will put your ideal career within reach.
The right education can make all of the difference. Allied’s Hotel/Restaurant Management Course prepares you to effectively lead a team of people, while meeting the needs of the hotel or restaurant guests. Achieve your goals with convenient online instruction, live student support and Allied’s comprehensive materials.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The Hospitality Industry
- Growth and Change in the Hospitality Industry
- The Restaurant Business
- Restaurant Operations
- Food Service
- Lodging: Meeting Guests Needs
- Hotel and Lodging Operations
- The Role of Service in the Hospitality Industry
In a short period of time, you can join the large and diverse hospitality industry in a career that takes you exciting places.
Hotel/Restaurant Management Course Outline
Online Learning that Fits Your Life
You need the right knowledge to succeed – and a convenient way to get it. Allied’s Hotel/Restaurant Management Course provides you with the key concepts, procedures and terms you need to know in your role as a hotel or restaurant manager.
Allied’s Hotel & Restaurant Management Course prepares you for an exciting management role in hotels, resorts and restaurants. After completing your training you’ll be prepared to make important decisions every day – relying on your knowledge of daily operations, customer service and staffing.
What Your Course Includes
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry, 7th Edition textbook by Borrows and Powers
- Online study guide
- 15 comprehensive lessons, including four graded exercise projects
- Multiple-choice online quizzes
- Online final exam – no proctor required!
- Live student support
- Convenient and flexible online format
- Nationally accredited education
Upon completion of your course, you will be able to:
- Identify examples of the kinds of businesses that make up the hospitality industry
- Identify key trends driving change in employment opportunities in the hospitality industry
- Distinguish terms used in the dining and eating market
- Name the food service segments that are currently growing or declining, and identify the reason for these trends
- Recognize the main responsibilities and jobs associated with the front of the house, back of the house, and office
- Name the advantages and disadvantages of franchising to both the franchisor and franchisee
- Recognize the current competitive conditions in the food service industry
- Name common consumer concerns about health and nutrition
- Identify the term yield management
- Recognize the social, economic, and environmental context within which the hospitality industry operates
- Distinguish between the various functions of management and their interrelationships with other key concerns of managers such as marketing, finance, and human resource management
- Identify the role of managers in the hospitality industry and highlight their principal responsibilities
Start today! All-inclusive training can be yours from the comfort of your home.
What You Get
An Allied Education Has it All!
Take the first step and begin your hospitality career with accredited distance education from Allied. When you enroll, you get all of the tools you need from a school that cares about your success. Benefit from online learning, convenient payment options and superior course materials. Set yourself apart in today’s highly competitive job market.
Benefit from an online course that is centered on your needs. This means that you can complete your course when and where you want with the most convenient and flexible way to learn. Forget travel time, parking fees and set class hours – you learn from the comfort of your home, around your own schedule.
Live Student Support
Have a question? Call during normal business hours and talk to a helpful educational support representative. Our students thrive on the one-on-one assistance they receive throughout the duration of their course. Course questions, technical issues, support and encouragement… we’ll help you successfully complete your training!
Have the peace of mind that you are getting the best education available from a school with the right credentials. Allied Schools is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). The Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting organization.
Education can fit with your budget. Allied offers several payment options, simply choose an option that works best for you. Our convenient payment plans let you make a down payment and up to six affordable monthly payments, interest free. Or you can choose to get started with a student loan and pay only $99 down, followed by low monthly payments. Call today to learn more!
Superior Course Materials
Learn everything you need to know to start your career in hotel/restaurant management. Allied’s comprehensive materials – industry-leading textbook, thorough lessons and practical exercises – will teach you the necessary concepts to successfully assume your new role in the hotel and restaurant management field.
With Allied by your side, you’ll reach your hotel or restaurant career goals. Call today at: 888-501-7686 or click here to enroll Hotel and Restaurant Mangement Course Online.
An Industry Full of Opportunities
Start a challenging and rewarding career that’s in demand! The hospitality industry is one of the largest employers in the world with opportunities in restaurants, hotels and much more. Combined with travel and tourism, the career opportunities are endless.
With the industry being so large and diverse, there are many choices available for your career. Choose to manage a restaurant, hotel or motel, amusement park, health care facility or catering service. Work in an exotic location, at an exclusive resort, or see the world aboard an airline or cruise ship – it’s up to you.
No matter what you choose, your training will prepare you to provide guests with personalized attention while ensuring that the food or lodging establishment is efficient and profitable. In your role, you will effectively lead a team of people as you manage daily operations, staffing and training, accounting, customer service and advertising.
Career possibilities include
- Front Office Manager
- Lodging Manager
- Convention Services Manager
- Food Services Manager
- General Manager
The Right Career Choice
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the hospitality industry offers nothing but opportunities.
- The number of hotel managers will increase by more than 12 percent and the number of restaurant managers will increase by 5 percent by 2016
- In 2006, the middle 50 percent of hotel managers earned $31,870 to $58,380 per year, while the middle 50 percent of restaurant managers earned $34,210 to $55,100
- The greatest concentration of jobs is found in tourist areas
Enroll now! The hospitality industry offers something for everyone. Nationwide or worldwide, you’ll have choices for your future.
Forgot your password?
Please contact our customer rep at: 888-501-7686